• Welcome to Dragon Realms Reborn.

News:

Dragon Realms lives again!

Main Menu

Greetings!

Started by Kastrix, December 28, 2016, 01:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kastrix

Hello everyone! This is my very first time joining a community that feels the same way I do.

I have only recently embraced that at I am spiritually a dragon, and would love to meet others who feel the way I do. Ever since I was young, I have felt a connection to dragons. I have an obsession with them, I like to collect items connected to them. I have not told anyone of my feelings, and I don't think I ever will. My life is my life, and I want to keep that to myself.

At the moment, I am currently exploring what dragon I am. I am also learning more about my emotions. I have decided to have my dragon name as "Kastrix", hence my forum name.

If anyone knows any popular/active communities for dragonkin/etc, please let me know!

NoddyTheDragon

Hello and welcome. 

Most Otherkin sites are pretty quiet anymore, and this is the only one I involve myself in so things may have changed on some other sites I've been to, but last I was in those places Draconity.org and Draconic.com were still fairly active.

Though I would suggest you not be too open about any beliefs that might be considered "fluffy" (basically a non-Christian word for "heretical").  For instance if you believe in things like physical shapeshifting, or dragons being physically real, or dragons that have human-like body parts, you'll find a lot of Otherkin are really dead-set against that kind of stuff.  Kinda hypocritical coming from people who think they're dragons in the first place, but it's the way a lot of folks are, so best to just avoid opening up about any "weird" beliefs you might have.

Deebles

Welcome Kastrix! Glad to have you.

Kastrix

Quote from: InannaEloah on December 28, 2016, 07:57:51 AM
Hello and welcome. 

Most Otherkin sites are pretty quiet anymore, and this is the only one I involve myself in so things may have changed on some other sites I've been to, but last I was in those places Draconity.org and Draconic.com were still fairly active.

Though I would suggest you not be too open about any beliefs that might be considered "fluffy" (basically a non-Christian word for "heretical").  For instance if you believe in things like physical shapeshifting, or dragons being physically real, or dragons that have human-like body parts, you'll find a lot of Otherkin are really dead-set against that kind of stuff.  Kinda hypocritical coming from people who think they're dragons in the first place, but it's the way a lot of folks are, so best to just avoid opening up about any "weird" beliefs you might have.

Noo, I do not believe in physical shifting. It isn't possible and (probably) will never be possible. I only believe that my spirit is dragon-like, and that is that.

Quote from: Deebles on December 29, 2016, 10:13:59 AM
Welcome Kastrix! Glad to have you.

Thank you! ^-^

NoddyTheDragon

I didn't say you did believe in such things.  I simply said that if you have any "fluffy" beliefs, it's best to keep quiet about them.  Wasn't trying to imply that you had such beliefs, it was just a general PSA type thing.

Deebles

Quote from: InannaEloah on December 31, 2016, 02:29:56 PM
I didn't say you did believe in such things.  I simply said that if you have any "fluffy" beliefs, it's best to keep quiet about them.  Wasn't trying to imply that you had such beliefs, it was just a general PSA type thing.

I don't think that is the case here. Just don't be a troll or spammer and you're okay.

Sendo Shin

Welcome, Kastrix!

As to fluff...  Gotta agree with Deebles, here, and not just because she's the moderator.  One of the hallmarks of DR (though we weren't always perfect at it) was that any beliefs were accepted, so long as none were forced on others.  Didn't exactly set out to be "the safe space" for 'kin online, but it was one of the differences that drew people to us.  I think we could easily do that again.
Avatar courtesy of Deebles/Darkie, with watermark added by me.

NoddyTheDragon

Quote from: Sendo Shin on January 24, 2017, 01:43:24 PM
As to fluff...  Gotta agree with Deebles, here, and not just because she's the moderator.  One of the hallmarks of DR (though we weren't always perfect at it) was that any beliefs were accepted, so long as none were forced on others.  Didn't exactly set out to be "the safe space" for 'kin online, but it was one of the differences that drew people to us.  I think we could easily do that again.

If that's the case, cool.  I hope so too.  :)