• Welcome to Dragon Realms Reborn.

News:

Dragon Realms lives again!

Main Menu

Greetings!

Started by Makar, February 26, 2016, 04:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makar

I am Makar, a gold dragon by some unknown turn of events.  While some may claim to know every last detail of how they arrived at their identity, I personally insist that none of us truly know it's origin and all we can do is merely make a rational guess with what subjective evidence we have on a personal level since nothing can be proven at this point in time except how the brain functions on a mediocre level.

I maintain that my identity is likely a psychological phenomenon that began at birth, and to make sense of it, my mind has tried to fill in the gaps with things akin to memories - memories of my physical appearance, things I might have done, daily ventures into a world filled with other dragons, and so on.

So why don't I believe that it was a past life?  Past life theories rely on having a little more belief in the spiritual or religious and while I don't discredit those realms of thought, I find myself treating them as an agnostic would.  I neither believe nor disbelieve, I simply just don't know so I treat information on deities and religious texts as literature and learning opportunities and I'm never opposed to learning something new regardless of whether I believe in it as fact or not.

So what does my dragon self look like?  Golden scales with lighter golden markings across my back, wings, and tail.  I'm not bad looking for a dragon I suppose, but probably just average for the most part.  I have also never felt like I was the feral type as my intelligence seems typical for a human as far as being a dragon goes.  I feel like I'm more adept at observation, as if I have all the time in the world to simpy sit, listen, and watch.  Sometimes I think the world could use a bit more of that.

As a child, I became aware of supernumerary limbs and more specifically, my tail and wings.  At the time, I just thought it was neat but children don't really sit and ponder these things.  It wasn't until I was older (second grade) that I started realizing that wasn't normal for everyone else and neither was feeling like I was an alien in the classroom among my peers.  When I looked at them, I didn't see people like myself.  I felt like some foreign thing that didn't belong there.

Shortly after, I came to understand the visuals in my head as how I viewed myself and that was when I realized I was a dragon.  I was much older when I then came to understand the real gravity of the realization I had made prior.  Things after that became more clear as I explored my identity and we end up today with a 31 year old who still feels like a dragon but is a bit more wiser in terminology and community.

I actually entered the community years ago on draconic.  When moderation became a little too lax for my liking there, I left.  Some years later I joined Otherkin Alliance as primarily a lurker as my offline duties kept me more busy than I anticipated.  Now, I spend my time tottering across the internet, posting in a forum here and there and moderating the Dragonkin Grove G+ community.

Glad to be here, and I hope to see this place grow into something useful.  Far too many dragon otherkin sites fall prey to roleplaying and the like, and there's less and less explaining to newcomers what it 'means' to identify as a dragon so I have hope that won't be the case here.

I'm always open to questions.

Semblance

Welcome, though I would like to say one thing regarding one's beliefs about who and what they are. There are many beliefs out there as to how each individual arrives at their conclusion (or, in many cases, suspect so) - but, to me, it is not another's place to say what beliefs are "right" or "wrong" per se. Insisting that others simply don't know because of your own circumstances and beliefs in such might rub some individuals the wrong way. Of course, this is all my own personal opinion on the matter - it simply is a pattern I tend to see in many places akin to this one. Forgive me if I'm being far too up-front about it.

Sorry to hear you had a bad time at other networks as well. Wish you luck in your endeavors.

Tysha

It's very nice to meet you Makar :)