• Welcome to Dragon Realms Reborn.

News:

Dragon Realms lives again!

Main Menu

Attachments and/or gallery

Started by Hornwitser, January 20, 2017, 03:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornwitser

Would be nice if it was possible to attach images and the like to posts.  For example for showing off drawings or photos in the creativity section without having to rely on third party image hosting providers.

There's also a Gallery mod that looks nice.

NoddyTheDragon

I second this.  It'd be a wonderful idea.  Maybe put a size limit for each image so it doesn't overwhelm the site.

NoddyTheDragon

Sorry for the double post, but since it's been a couple days since my last post here I figured it might be better to just make a new one for this suggestion concerning the gallery.

I noticed that there's a "return to gallery" link, and I think that's awesome, but I'd like to suggest a second link which takes you back to the main page of the subgallery you're in so you don't have to wade through all the galleries and pics if you just wanted to look at the next pic in the subgallery. 

Maybe have the two links say something like "Return to Gallery Directory" and "Return to [Insert Subgallery Name Here]."  I think this kind of thing would increase the ease with which viewers could navigate the gallery feature.

Thank you so much, by the way, for implimenting the gallery in the first place.   

Akhorishaan

Mostly just testing it out, may just go to an attachment system instead, as this gallery is a "free/lite" version of the thing, not sure I like how it works.

NoddyTheDragon